- Ghislaine Entwisle shares with the challenges COVID-19 brought to her and her team and the changes she hopes to see going forward
- To reduce the impact of isolation, her team used creative ways to socialise like remote trivia nights, dress up meetings, etc.
- She believes that tech will define future as we know and will be instrumental in the shaping of work and society
1. Looking forward, past the crisis, what changes for the good do you hope to see for businesses and employees?
I look forward to the excuse of ‘this work is office based’ being removed and for people to be open to working arrangements that suit employees. This too will improve opportunities to being more inclusive to working parents, carer’s and those with disabilities.
2. Tech changes fast. How do you keep your tech skills up-to-date?
Reading widely, subscribing to tech publications and following key tech influencers. Always maintaining a sense of curiosity with humility around the areas less well known.
3. Do you have any inspiring words of wisdom for those looking to take their next step in their IT career?
Tech is the most exciting space to be in, it will define future as we know and be instrumental in the shaping of work and society. Used well, it will help the world be a healthier, happier and more fulfilling place to be.
4. What has been the greatest challenge you and the team have overcome during the COVID-19 crisis?
In the absence of team social events we have had to be inventive and have done some remote trivia nights, dress up meetings, and Pictionary ‘guess the picture’ style games!
5. How has ACS membership supported your organisations journey in tech?
ACS membership helps provide me relevant connections, networks and content in a digestible and engaging way. It helps my teams in being more up to date with key trends and tech innovations.