ACS Kids Tech Hub Holiday Program - teaching kids the joys of all things technology
- A fun and structured technology focused school holiday program for kids aged 5 - 15
- ACS members can work from the ACS Melbourne Innovation Hub while their kids take part in the program
- Designed in collaboration with the ACS ICT Educator's Specialist
ACS Victoria is excited to offer the ACS Kids Tech Hub, a school holiday program for kids aged 5 – 15 in June 2022.
Open to members and non members, the program is structured to help kids advance their technology skills, they will discover the joy of technology all while playing with cool tech and robots.
The program, designed in conjunction with the ACS ICT Educator’s Specialist, gives you the chance to work in Melbourne Innovation Hub while your kids, grandchildren or nieces and nephews, learn coding, robotics, app building and many more skills.
The program will allow members to come and use the ACS Melbourne Innovation hub to work or have meetings while their children will learn coding, design thinking and other tech skills using robotics and computing components such as mBots and Makey Makeys in a program co-designed by the ACS ICT Educator's Specialist.
How the program runs:
The sessions will run from 11am until 2pm each day of the program*. During these sessions attendees will be split into 4-5 groups and rotate around 4 activities running for 45 minutes each.
Term 3 sessions:
How to book:
Please book 1 ticket per child that is attending the session up to the maximum of 5 tickets. Tickets must be booked through the ACS website making sure to include the names of the children attending. There is no cost for ACS members or parents but there is a cost of $10 per child per session for non-members.
- ACS COVID Safe guidelines must be adhered to at all times
- While parents do not have to stay in the room, they must remain on level 14
- Parent or caregiver must escort their child to the bathroom
- Attendees must bring their own laptop or mobile device
- Attendees must bring their own snack
If you have any questions please contact ACS Victoria Member Services & Events Coordinator, Carleen Malgeri at [email protected].