Digital Innovation for a Sustainable Future Workshop (in conjunction with the 25th IEEE International Conference) 25 October, Gold Coast 1st September 2021
- Proudly sponsored by ACS Queensland, the Digital Innovation for Sustainable Future Workshop, held in conjunction with the 25th IEEE International Conference on Enterprise Computing will be held on 25 October on the Gold Coast and online.
See the event’s home page for full details and to note tickets are limited, please register by 8th October to avoid missing out.
A day of inspiring keynotes, demos, discussions, and networking.
Digital Innovation for Sustainable Future Workshop provides a platform for sharing and discussing about cutting-edge results and latest developments, as well as the opportunity for networking, engaging, and formulating new projects in emerging topics. The aim is to bring together inter-disciplinary change leaders from academia, industry, and government to showcase the use of digital technologies to address current and emerging global challenges on “how do tech-based innovations help achieve the United Nation’s sustainable development goals?”
The interactive workshop will start in the morning with an Industry Panel to present case studies from the industry leaders that have successfully used digital technologies to grow and expand social enterprises and drive social change. The morning session will be concluded with a set of Demos of real-life applications that are already implemented and making impacts in society. After lunch, the workshop will continue to discuss current and emerging social challenges with a focus on implementing the ideas into practice, thereby facilitating translational outcomes.
8:45 - 10:00 - Opening Remark by Linda O'Brien (Executive in Residence, Griffith Business School)
9:00 - 10:30 - Keynotes Panel:
Chaired by Rosemary Stockdale, Dean Engagement, Griffith Business School
- Damian Green - Deputy Director General & Chief Information Officer, Queensland eHealth
- Craig O’Kane - Chief Operation Officer, Everledger
- David Spriggs - Chief Executive Officer, Infoxchange
10:30 - 11:00 --Morning Tea
11:00 -12:00 -- Panel discussion:
Chaired by Beau Tydd, Chairperson - ACS QLD State Executive
- Chris Hockings, Chief Technology Officer, IBM Security A/NZ
- Lea Diffey, A/Deputy Director -General, Department of Tourism, Innovation and Sport
- Fiona Gaske, Director/Chair, Regional Development Australia DDSW
12:00 - 1:00 -- Invited Speakers and Demos
(Details to be announced)
1:00 -- finish -- Networking Lunch (for onsite attendees)