Career Advice from the Experts
2 March 2022
Skye London, ACS People & Culture Business Partner, had some helpful advice centered around resumes:
- Customise your resume for every single job. You need to make it easy for the recruiter to see that your skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge are exactly what they are looking for.
- Have your best experience, skills and qualifications on the first page of your resume.
- Be clear, concise and to the point. Your resume only needs to contain what is relevant to the job you are applying for.
- Make sure your job application is perfect. Your resume and cover letter are going to be the first impression of you and your ability to the job that you are applying for.
- Do exactly what the application process states. If you don't follow the process your application might not be considered.
Nadine Russell, General Manager, Enterprise and Government, Telstra, offered these essential career tips to graduates coming through Telstra:
- Speak up ask questions.
- Learn as much as you can on the job.
- Building and maintaining networks are important.
- Put your hand up and put yourself out there, particularly for things that you are passionate about.
To learn more from Nadine and others, come along and see her at the upcoming ACS Summit: Job Readiness and Career Elevation Unconference, where she will explore the art of the elevator pitch.
ACS assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site.
The information contained in this site is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness. The information provided by ACS on https://www.acs.org.au/ is for general informational purposes only.