Calling all Dev Ops Engineers – Remote role opportunity
- Calling all Dev Ops Engineers. JJP Talent Solutions, ACS Queensland Preferred Recruiting Partner is recruiting for a remote DevOps engineer role, responsible for managing and supporting infrastructure for development projects for an Australian based company with offices around the globe.
ACS Queensland Preferred Recruitment Partner, JJP Talent Solutions, is working with a privately owned Australian based company which provides tech solutions for Cloud Computing and Managed Services. They have offices across the globe and are growing rapidly. They have a fully remote development team so that you can work from anywhere in Australia. Reporting into the Software Development Manager, you will work with modern Cloud Architecture, CI/CD, Azure DevOps, Terraform and Microservices.
For more details about the role, responsibilities and skills required, please read the details below:
· The DevOps engineer is responsible for managing and supporting infrastructure for development projects.
· This role includes infrastructure provisioning, maintenance and support, dealing with customer queries, incident, problem change and release management, working on and leading projects, and taking escalated support requests from the service desk as required.
· Requires an understanding of scripting and software development practices.
· Will be required to mentor and train junior staff.
· This role involves creation and updates of documentation around system design, customer technical information, and internal process.
· This role primarily works with the product development team but will also works with infrastructure engineers to assist with automation tasks.
· Seeks out better ways to use technology, with a strong focus on automation.
· Work across a diverse set of back-end web APIs and services.
· Monitor and improve back-end performance and security
· Applying DevOps principals, using tools such as Terraform and Azure DevOps to automate deployments, and PowerShell and PowerCLI to manage existing environments.
· Advocates for uptake of the company’s products
· Provides regular feature and usage feedback to the development team.
· .Net Core/5 (C#) and EF Core.
· Understanding of techniques such as Dependency Injection, TDD and DDD and distributed system architecture.
· Knowledge of modern security practices, especially in relation to public facing APIs.
· Experience writing REST APIs.
· Terraform (required).
· Microsoft Azure (architecture, DevOps, Log Analytics and Azure Update Manager).
· Experience with Docker and Kubernetes would be a bonus, but not mandatory.
· Comfortable working as part of a team efficiently and flexibly, unsupervised
· Mentoring of junior staff on technology topics.
· Able to discuss complex technical issues with non-technical people in an accessible manner.
· Assisting with project planning and estimation, and consulting with customers on implementation of solutions.
If you would like to apply for this role, please call Nicola Steel on 0499 773546 or email [email protected].