Discover how video games are made, and why this is a must-have skill for ICT professionals, educators and students at the ACS State Tech Summit!
- Here's a sneak preview from Pablo Farias, Founder and CEO of Zenva who will explore gaming technology at the upcoming ACS QLD State Tech Summit, on Fri 26 May at Cloudland, Fortitude Valley.
In this workshop, we'll go over the game creation process and the main technologies that are involved. By the end of the session, you'll have a solid understanding of how to use game development to boost your technical and soft skills, including:
- How transferable skills such as programming and project management are developed through game creation.
- The building blocks of a simple game. We'll look at the Unity Engine and the components of the simplest game that can be developed by ICT professionals with a busy schedule.
- Game creation in educational contexts. This will include applications in schools by teaching game development with the Australian Curriculum, as well as the context of workforce training and business applications.
- Emerging technologies in the field including generative AI and virtual reality, and how these skills can be developed from scratch throughout the game creation process.
This workshop will be delivered by Pablo Farias, founder and CEO of Zenva - a leading education platform that helps individuals and organisations upskill in coding, game creation and digital skills. Pablo holds a Master in IT Management degree from the University of Queensland, and has a decade of experience building products used by over a million learners worldwide.
Register today on ACS member early-bird rates for the ACS QLD State Tech Summit that is taking place on Friday 26 May 2023 at Cloudland, Fortitude Valley.