Tomorrow’s Tech Talent Needs Your Support!
- The ACS School 2 Tech Transition Project connects motivated high school students with employers to provide a pathway into a tech job whilst still at school. Find out more about how your company can kick start a deserving young Queenslander’s career in the tech.
"The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches, but to reveal to him his own."
How much of an advantage would it have been for you if you were working in a tech team when still in high school and job-ready with a recognised qualification when you finished Year 12?
The ACS School 2 Tech Transition Project connects motivated high school students with employers to provide a pathway into a tech job whilst still at school. This is the tech career pathway that the industry needs!
There are many tech-savvy students willing and able to take this trainee path, which is popular and effective for other industries. Employing a school-based tech trainee from a pool of worthy candidates gives employers an advantage when developing a workforce.
The details are:
· Relevant to secondary school students in Year 10 and 11 and businesses based in Queensland
· Students study ICT30120 Certificate III in Information Technology
· Businesses offer a paid experience for an average of one day a week for up to 24 months
· Students develop skills and a pathway into a tech career
· Students are skilled and workplace ready at the end of the employment
This project is funded by the Queensland Government through the ‘Good people. Good jobs. Queensland Workforce Strategy 2022 – 2032’ and offers real benefits to both employers and students (CTA).
To find out more and kickstart a deserving young Queenslander’s career in the tech industry in 2024, please email the acting program manager (Matthew Jorgensen) at email@example.com.