Canberra Members Social Hike: Easter Sunday
13 April 2022
- ACS Canberra Branch Executive Committee (BEC) with ACT Walking for Pleasure (WFP) would like to invite you for a social hike to explore Clos Crossing Forest on Easter Sunday 2022.
- It will be a 7 to 8km hike through Clos Crossing Forest, a lovely forest behind the suburbs of Coombs and Wright.
- Interested in hiking and networking with us? Click here to register.
Things to Know:
- Sign-in on the day is also required to acknowledge that you are walking at your own risk.
- Easy to medium hiking grade up to 8km.
- You need to bring your own water, hat, sunscreen and snacks.
- Wear appropriate sturdy footwear as there will be some dirt fire trails.
- There are no toilet facilities at any stage of the walk.
- Bring walking poles if normally used.
Clos Crossing Forest Carpark: Carpark at the bottom of Kirkpatrick Street, Coombs, near the North Weston Ponds.
Exact parking location is: https://goo.gl/maps/jre1bD53gbnn1nNf8
Carpark coordinates: 35.32310° S, 149.05414° E
Meet Amy Tang (Canberra BEC) and ACT Walking for Pleasure organisers at the carpark between 9:15am to 9:30am to sign in for a 9:30am start.
Event Start: Easter Sunday 17 April 2022, 9:15AM-9:30AM
Event Finish: Easter Sunday 17 April 2022, TBD based on attendees (Allocate approximately 2-3 hours for the walk).
Click here to register by 14 April 2022.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR ATTENDEES
*This is not a formal ACS event and ACS members attending this activity do so at their own risk and waive, release and discharge ACS from any or all liabilities or claims made as a result of participation in this activity or event, whether caused by negligence or otherwise.