ACS Canberra - 2022 year in review
As the year comes to a close, we'd like to extend our gratitude to all our members. Whether this is your first year with us or another December of many, the team at ACS have enjoyed supporting you.
We would like to share a year in review of what we did to support our membership community and what's to come in 2023 for the Canberra Branch.
During 2022 we have:
- Secured a new initiative – a 12-month supporting women transitioning to an ICT Career program. * This program receives funding support from the ACT and Australian Governments through the Future Skills for Future Jobs Grants Program, under the National Partnership on the Skilling Australians Fund.
- Opened the Canberra Hub and increased Canberra based staff from four to nine working together in supporting local and national members
- Engaged 3061 ACS members and stakeholders
- Delivered 67 Professional Development activities
- Managed 174 Canberra Mentoring Program participants
- Connected 56 organisations from the local Tech industry, Businesses, Government Departments, Universities and the Educational sectors
Our 2022 event program started with a full house for our leadership series breakfast event and at the end of year, we wrapped up with a room of happy leaders at the ACS Canberra Hub official opening.
Topics covered throughout the year included:
- The future of technology in information warfare
- The Art of Building Reusable Software
- Addressing Australia's ICT Skills Shortage - a Diversity & Inclusion Approach
- Robotic Operating Model Fundamentals Seminar
- Treating cyber security as a business problem
- Who knew Identity Governance could be cool?
- Software and Programming in the Age of Machine Learning
- Agile software development
- Digital Transformation with IoT and Digital Twins
- Cloud Adoption in Australian Government
- An overview of responsible AI principals and techniques
- The current state and trends of AI
- Data Analytics: Beyond Descriptive Analytics – Trends and Tools
- A repeatable, iterative approach to deliver purposeful analytics
- Understanding Skills framework for Information Age (SFIA)
What’s to come in 2023?
We are focused on delivering the Community pillar of the new ACS strategy. We bring together diverse communities with shared interests to network and nurture a thriving tech community to achieve impact.
The 2023 event program will cover People, Technology and Impact.
- Student & Emerging Professional engagement
- Skilled Migrant engagement (Professional Year)
- Regional group engagement
- Fellows engagement
- CIO roundtables
- Mentoring Program
- Awards & recognition
- Branch Forum
- Tech Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Data
- Supporting Canberra meetup groups (Quantum computing etc.)
- Digital Pulse Panel discussions
- Tech Professional Development
- World Earth Day
- Reconciliation Week
- Government engagement
- Supporting Women transitioning to an ICT career program