Cyber Warriors Wanted! 2023 ADF Cyber Gap Program
By Mrs Bernadette Wright | 22 September 2022
The ADF Cyber Gap Program is a 12-month online program which provides participants with the tools they need to progress their cyber career.
The Program began in 2020 as part of a cyber-resilience and workforce package to bolster the nation’s sovereign cyber workforce capability. Defence is delivering the ADF Cyber Gap Program in partnership with Digital Profession, Cybermerc and ACS.
The Program is open to Australian citizens who are currently studying or enrolling in an eligible cyber-related qualification ranging from Cert III to a Master’s Degree, and encourages a wide range of applicants to apply.
The ADF Cyber Gap Program supports participants to realise their capability by providing them with an opportunity to enhance their cyber skills and progress their careers in cyber-related roles, and by raising awareness of Defence’s cyber-related career pathways. The Program allows participants to learn more about cyber operators’ vital role in defending Australia’s national security.
The Program provides participants with a range of benefits, including:
- Course fee reimbursements up to a maximum of $15,000
- Financial support for study expenses for each semester for up to two semesters, to a maximum value of $2,500
- A one-off payment for textbooks and other study-related expenses, to a value of $600
- Access to online cyber skills modules and cyber skills challenges
- Mentoring from ADF specialists
- Information on careers within the ADF, Defence Public Service and other Government agencies
- Exposure to cyber activities within Defence and other Government agencies during the weeklong Defence Cyber Conference held in Canberra
- 12-month subscription to Australian Computer Society (ACS)
- Networking opportunities in Defence
At the end of the ADF Cyber Gap Program, there is no obligation to join the Australian Defence Force. Regardless of their ultimate employer, all participants will become a member of our national cyber workforce.
Applications open on 1 September for the 2023 intake. Please visit ADF Cyber Gap Program for more information and enquiries.
ACS Membership will give you the support you need to continue professional development in the ICT industry. In particular, we will support you by providing industry connections, networking opportunities and self-paced professional learning resources to improve your technical & soft skills:
- Skill development and career analysis tool – mySFIA
- ACS Learning Accelerator - online resources
- ACS Career platform
- Ongoing Mentoring Program
- Industry networking events
- ICT liability insurance
Participants are receiving a 12-month professional membership to the Australian Computer Society (ACS). ACS certifications are essential in supporting the development and recognition of our Australian sovereign cyber workforce.
Learn more about ADF Cyber Gap Program and apply, click here.