ACS Capability Spotlight Change and release management Oct 2023
ACS Learning Accelerator content
As an ACS member, you have unlimited access to the ACS Learning Accelerator and the opportunity to build the skills critical to change and release management.
IT professionals should learn about Change and Release Management because these disciplines are integral to the successful and controlled evolution of IT systems and services. Here's why:
- Minimising Disruption: Change and Release Management helps IT teams implement changes, updates, and new features in a structured manner. This minimises the risk of disruptions to critical systems and services, ensuring that businesses can operate smoothly.
- Risk Management: By following established change and release processes, IT professionals can assess and mitigate risks associated with system changes. This reduces the chances of security breaches, downtime, or data loss.
- Compliance: Many industries have regulatory requirements that mandate proper change control procedures. IT professionals who understand these processes can help their organisations stay compliant with industry standards and regulations.
- Efficiency: Effective Change and Release Management streamline IT operations. It helps in planning, testing, and implementing changes efficiently, reducing the time and resources required for troubleshooting and fixing issues post-implementation.
- Customer Satisfaction: When changes are managed well, customers experience fewer disruptions, leading to higher satisfaction levels. This is especially important in businesses where IT services directly impact customer experiences.
- Continuous Improvement: Change and Release Management encourage a culture of continuous improvement. IT professionals learn to gather feedback, assess the impact of changes, and make necessary adjustments, enhancing the overall quality of IT services.
- Communication Skills: These disciplines require clear communication with stakeholders, including business leaders, developers, and operations teams. IT professionals who excel in this area can bridge communication gaps and foster collaboration.
IT professionals should learn about Change and Release Management because they are fundamental to maintaining a stable, secure, and efficient IT environment. These skills not only benefit the organisation but also enhance an IT professional's career prospects and ability to contribute effectively to the success of their team and company.
Channel: Disruptive Technologies
Course: Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP) 2019: Software Deployment and Management
Aspire learning journeys
Track: Core DevOps Skills
Track: Agile for All
Determine your skill level in a particular area, receive personalised development recommendations and improve your overall capability.
Skills benchmark: Disruptive Technologies
SFIA skills profiles
Below are the typical skills profiles for an Integration Specialist and Change Manager calculated using SFIA (Skills Framework for the Information Age), the internationally recognised competency framework for tech roles. How do you compare?