Bachelor of Commerce Students Seeking Business Problems for Capstone Projects
30th January 2021
- Bachelor of Commerce students at Curtin University who major in Business Information Systems and Business Information Technology undertake a capstone project in their final year of study.
- Organisations are invited to nominate a project that would help solve and improve real business challenges and opportunities.
Bachelor of Commerce students at Curtin University who major in Business Information Systems (Professional) and Business Information Technology (Professional) undertake a capstone project in their final year of study. The goal is to prepare these students for the transition to professional practice as Business Analysts or Programmer Analysts.
This is a team-based project, undertaken in conjunction with a business client. Projects are of significant scope, consisting of up to 50% of a full-time load over a semester of study. Students work on the project in teams consisting of 3 to 5 students.
Your organisation is invited to nominate a project. Nominated projects should:
- be an authentic Information Communications Technology (ICT) project with outcomes of value to your organisation
- provide an opportunity for students to consolidate skills and gain experience as they begin the transition from study to professional practice in ICT
- include requirements gathering, design, implementation, and evaluation phases
To nominate a project for Semester 1, 2021 please send the following to Brian von Konsky (B.vonKonsky@curtin.edu.au) by the Friday 5 February 2021:
- a brief paragraph that describes your organisation
- a brief paragraph that describes the proposed project and major deliverables
- a list of the skills that students should possess for the project to be successful
- the name, phone number, and e-mail address of a contact person at your organisation
Curtin also requires a fieldwork agreement to be completed (linked).
We look forward to the prospect of working with you, and are happy to answer any questions you might have about your organisation’s potential participation.
Please feel free to forward this call to others who may be interested in sponsoring a project. For further details, please contact
Brian von Konsky PhD FACS CP
School of Management and Marketing, Information Systems Discipline
ISYS3001/ISYS3002 Unit Coordinator