Read the latest from the ACS QLD Emerging Professionals Committee
- On Thursday 2 June, the ACS QLD Emerging Professionals Committee (EPC) hosted their first networking event Bits and Bytes. The event was an opportunity for students and graduates to come together and network with like minded individuals and create local connections.
On Thursday 2 June, the ACS QLD Emerging Professionals Committee (EPC) hosted their first networking event Bits and Bytes. The event was an opportunity for students and graduates to come together and network with like minded individuals and start creating a connection with other people who may be on a similar career journey in tech. As we know starting off in uni or moving to Australia to study can be daunting, so events such as this is to bring people together to create a safe and friendly community.
If you would like to see the photos from the event, please follow the link here.
The event saw over 60 people in attendance and a great number of new connections made. On the night Holly Bretherton, ACS QLD State Branch Manager presented the welcome remarks and gave some background on the ACS, Mathew Eames, Chair, ACS QLD Gold Coast Chapter and Committee Member of the ACS QLD Branch Executive Committee (BEC), spoke about the purpose of the committee and how the EPC is a sub committee of the BEC and Zac Isaac, Chair of the ACS QLD Emerging Professionals Committee introduced the committee members and gave some insight into how everyone can get involved.
The Queensland Emerging Professionals Committee for 2022 consists of the following members:
- Zac Isaac – Chair – Gold Coast based
- Dulitha Piyasena – Advisor – Brisbane based
- Gabriela Monterio – Content and Engagement Lead – Gold Coast based
- Simi Alag – Membership Lead – Brisbane based
- Kimberly Valenny – Committee Member – Brisbane based
- Olivia Zhou – Events and Stakeholder Lead – Brisbane based
- Asmita Pyakurel – Committee Member – Brisbane based
- Jackson Miller – Committee Member – Gold Coast based
- Neha Rathod – Committee Member – Rockhampton based
- Alannah Grech – ACS QLD Branch Lead – Brisbane Based
The committee are looking to create a range of future events and opportunities, including the mentoring program which we are taking final EOI for the pilot program now, see the link here to get involved. If you would like to get involved in the committee or have an event idea or concept, please feel free to reach out to any of the above members or email Alannah Grech, Senior Member Services and Event Coordinator ([email protected]).
We look forward to seeing you in person at another event soon.
Senior Member Services and Event Coordinator