Application is now open for the next round of the ACS Canberra Mentoring Program- starting from 16 Aug 2022
17 Jun 2022
- Members help members! Share your professional experiences and knowledge with people who have a need in their profession life.
- There are benefits for both mentors and mentees
- Applications Close: 15 Jul 2022, 5:00 PM AEST
ACS Canberra is delighted to present the opportunity to all of its members to participant in our next round Mentoring Program and we welcome your interest in becoming a mentor or mentee. This is a six months program starting 16 Aug 2022.
The purpose of Australian Computer Society (ACS) Canberra Mentoring Program is to provide an opportunity for members to help members; to connect individuals with those seeking advice and guidance to develop their careers.
There are benefits for both mentor and mentee.
Being a mentor goes far beyond the rewarding feeling of 'giving back'. Mentors also build on their leadership, coaching and story-telling skills. Of course mentees gain a lot from being mentored, but it's not just career development, also other benefits as well including networking and professional connections.
Mentor match with mentee(s).
To participate, members provide details via online application process that identifies their needs and/or areas of interest. Once this is completed, the applications are assessed to produce possible Mentor and Mentee matches.
Eligibility and requirements.
The duration of the Mentoring Program is six months starting from February & August each year. Usually you will be committing to approximately 15 hours max over the six months time period.
The Mentor and Mentee agree to actively participate in the Program for the full duration of their engagement. But we also understand that life sometimes changes things and we can accommodate this when it occurs.
The Mentors and Mentees must be ACS Members of the Canberra Branch at the time of application.
Click here to apply for becoming a mentor or mentee now. Once your application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email with an event registration link to attend an information session. You will also be invited to the program launch on 16 Aug 2022, where you will meet your mentor or mentees and ACS staff.
Please complete the online application form by 15 Jul 2022, 5:00 PM AEDT.
*Application closes: 15 Jul 2022, 5:00 PM AEDT.
Key dates for this round:
- Application for 2022 Mentoring Program (Aug 22 - Jan 23) closes: 5 pm, Fri, 15 Jul, online
- Mentoring matching results announcement: Mon, 25 Jul
- Information session for Mentors (via Teams)
- Information session for Mentees (via Teams)
- Program launch for 2022 Mentoring Program (Aug 22 - Jan 23): Tues, 16 Aug, In-person
- Program progress checking-in: Wed, 13 Sept
- Mid-program catch up and educational session followed by networking: Wed, 19 Oct, In-person
- Program progress checking-in: Thurs, 9 Nov
- Mid-program catch up and educational session followed by networking: Wed, 14 Dec, In-person
- Program graduation for 2022 Mentoring Program (Aug 22 - Jan 23): Tues, 14 Feb 2023, In-person
Please contact ACS Canberra Branch [email protected] if you are interested in being a mentor/or mentee.